Thursday, January 13, 2011

Talk about lagging behind, here are the HEADLINES

Last post, I lamented lack of writing and blogging time and quoted my fav Bob Dylan's Workingman's Blues #2:

“Meet me at the bottom, don't lag behind
Bring me my boots and shoes
You can hang back or fight your best on the front line
Sing a little bit of these workingman's blues”
 
Talk about lagging behind. It's been more than seven months since I posted a blog here. Sure, I've blogged, Facebooked, written and websited for my development director job. But, my writing, my blogging has seriously lagged behind.
 
I have no excuses except a work-a-day life and fighting my best on the front line. However, I will take a minute to catch you up, with some headlines, in no particular order.
 
AUBURN UNIVERSITY WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
 
DAUGHTER MOVES TO NASHVILLE FOR NEW JOB IN LOGISTICS FIELD; MOM-DAUGHTER SET TO SEE KID ROCK AND JAMEY JOHNSON AT BRIDGEPORT ARENA IN FEBRUARY
 
AUBURN FANS FORM A CAMNATION, JOIN A CAMILY, SAY WAR CAM EAGLE!
 
MOSTLY-LAB LUCILLE PUPPY TURNS 1 YEAR, ENDS UP TO BE CHOW, SIBERIAN HUSKY WHO HERDS AND TURNS FANTASTIC CIRCLES
 
TIGER, MC'S 13-YEAR-0LD CAT, DIES; MOURNED BY ALL AND BURIED BESIDE SUZIE THE WONDER DOG
 
DYLAN ROCKS! JACKIE AND MARY CLAIRE SEE THE POET LAUREATE OF ROCK AND ROLL AT BJCC ARENA!
 

JACKIE AND KAY SEE (HE'S SO FINE) BON JOVI AT BEACH BENEFIT AND MEET AUBURN, ENSLEY FRIENDS IN LINE!

WHERE'S MOJO? NOVEL MOJO JONES AND THE BLACK CAT BONE AWAITS FINISH!

 
Those headlines ought to catch us up for now. Life seems to move just that fast.
 
Forrest Gump's momma always told him: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.
 
The older I get, the  more I see the truth in this simple comparison. Forrest's momma was right. Mommas usually are.
 
 
Picture of the day:
 
Lucille with her toy skunk
 
Song of the post:
 
Old Chunk of Coal, Billy Joe Shaver
 
I'm just an old chunk of coal
But I'm gonna be a diamond some day
I'm gonna glow and grow
'Til I'm so blue pure perfect
I'm gonna put a smile on everybody's face
I'm gonna kneel and pray everyday
Lest I should become vain along the way
I'm just an old chunk of coal, now Lord
But I'm gonna be a diamond some day

I'm gonna learn the best way to walk
I'm gonna search and find a better way to talk
I'm gonna spit and polish my old rough-edged self
Til I get rid of every single flaw
I'm gonna be the World's best friend
I'm gonna go around shaking everybody's hand
Hey, I'm gonna be the cotton-pickin' Rage of the Age
I'm gonna be a diamond some day.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to have you back, little lady. 2011 is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to MC on the job and move to the Country Music Capital! Nice to have you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete